How To Make Money As a Fitness Influencer (Complete Guide)
Do you want to inspire people, be famous and make $100,000 at the same time ypu need to learn how to make money as a fitness influencer and start living your dream life! Learning how much money can you make as a fitness influencer will change your life and after reading this article you will want to make this your job!
How to make money as a fitness influencer:
- Sponsored posts and brand collaborations
- Affiliate marketing
- Online coaching and personal training
- Selling merchandise
- Virtual classes or events
- E-books, recipes and meal plans
- YouTube monetization
- Public speaking
Ok this is the short list, but you want to know how to do it right and how much money you can make, are there pros and cons to being a fitness influencer, what niche should I be in?
All this is answered in this article so keep on reading!
What is a Fitness Influencer?
A fitness influencer is a person who uses social media platforms to promote healthy living, exercise, and fitness, often by sharing their own personal fitness journey, workout routines, and healthy eating habits. They typically have a large following on platforms such as Instagram, YouTube, and TikTok, and may also work as personal trainers or sell fitness-related products. Fitness influencers can be seen as a source of inspiration and motivation for their followers, who may aspire to achieve similar fitness goals.
How To Become a Fitness Influencer?
So you decided to join the word of fitness but you also want to become a influncer to inspire others, get a huge following and make some big money in the process? So you want to know how to be come a fitness influencer and turn your hobby intro a profitable business, there are a few things you have to do to become a fitness influencer.
- Personal brand and niche: Decide what type of fitness content you want to create and what sets you apart from other fitness influencers.
- Social media presence: Start by creating a strong presence on one or two social media platforms, such as Instagram or YouTube. Share your fitness journey, workout routines, and healthy eating habits regularly. Engage with your followers and respond to their comments and messages.
- Create high-quality content: Use high-quality images and videos to showcase your fitness journey and share tips and advice. Use editing software and lighting to create visually appealing content.
- Collaborate: Collaborate with other influencers in your niche and work with brands that align with your personal brand.
- Be consistent and authentic: Consistently post high-quality content and maintain an authentic and relatable tone. Be true to yourself and your followers will trust you.
- Trends: Keep up with the current trends, new technologies and new social media apps and platforms to stay relevant.
- Get certified: Consider getting certified as a personal trainer or fitness instructor to enhance your credibility and knowledge.
I often preach in my money making guides that everything you do in life takes time, if you want to succeed it takes time and time and time and you need to invest in that time to become alittle better every day to reach your goals.
Difference Between a Fitness Model and Fitness Influencer
A fitness model and a fitness influencer are both involved in the fitness industry, but they have different roles and responsibilities.
A fitness model is a person who poses for photographs that are used in advertising, editorial, or promotional materials for the fitness industry, including but not limited to fitness apparel, supplements, and equipment. Fitness models have a specific body type and physique, and they are often expected to maintain a certain level of physical fitness and they are typically represented by a modeling agency and are paid for their modeling work.
A fitness influencer, on the other hand, is a person who uses social media platforms to share their knowledge and expertise on fitness, nutrition, and wellness with their followers and fitness influencers are not necessarily models, and they don’t have to have a specific body type or physique. They use their social media platforms to educate and motivate their followers, and they often share their personal fitness journeys and progress. They can make money through sponsored posts, brand collaborations, online coaching, personal training, virtual events, and other monetization methods.
How To Make Money As a Fitness Influencer
After you gained a following and you actually feel like a fitness influencer you might be thinking that it might be possible to make money on this, so what should you do to make the dream come through living of your hobby and learn how to make money as a fitness influencer?
Sponsored Posts and Brand Collaborations
Work with brands to promote their products or services through sponsored posts on social media platforms include creating sponsored content, such as Instagram posts, YouTube videos, and TikToks that feature the brand’s products or services that you want to promote and by promoting their products you get a share of the sales from the products you promote. You can be asked to participate in brand campaigns, such as hosting giveaways or creating exclusive content for the brand. These collaborations can be a valuable source of income for fitness influencers, as they can earn money for each sponsored post or campaign they participate in.
You can also earn money through affiliate marketing by promoting products and earning a commission on sales and promoting products such as workout equipment, supplements, or fitness apparel on their social media platforms, and including an affiliate link in the post. When a follower clicks on the link and makes a purchase, the fitness influencer earns a commission and thi is actually a epic way for fitness influencers to earn passive income, as they can continue to earn commissions on sales even after the initial promotion.
Online coaching and personal training:
Some fitness influencers will be offered online coaching and personal training services to their followers and by include one-on-one coaching sessions, group training programs, and customized workout plans and fitness influencers can use their knowledge and expertise to help others achieve their fitness goals, and can charge a fee for these services. They can conduct these sessions via video call or phone, making it accessible to people around the globe and you can also create and sell pre-recorded workout videos and programs.
One of the best ways to make money is by creating and sell their your own merchandise, such as workout gear and supplements and this typically can include clothing items, such as t-shirts, leggings, and tank tops, as well as accessories like water bottles, gym bags, and resistance bands. Fitness influencers can create and sell their own line of supplements, such as protein powders, pre-workout supplements, and recovery formulas and when creating and selling your own merchandise, you can not only earn money through sales, but also provide their followers with a way to support and show off their personal brand.
Virtual classes or events:
As a influencers you can generate revenue by hosting and facilitating virtual classes and events. if you include live streaming workout sessions on social media platforms and charging for access, as well as creating and leading virtual challenges and charging for participation. This can be an effective method of engaging with their followers and earning income while also expanding their reach to new audiences.
E-books, recipes and meal plans:
If you like writing and doing graphic design you should be selling digital products such as e-books, recipes, meal plans, workout plans, templates, checklists, and guides because if you make products that include information on nutrition, healthy eating, weight loss, workout routines, and more they will make you alot of money. These can be sold on various platforms including Amazon Kindle and the influencer’s website.
Do you have a sizable following on YouTube you can actually monetize your content through various methods including ads, sponsorships, and becoming a YouTube partner and by getting the YouTube monetization it allows you to earn money through ads shown before or during their videos, as well as through sponsorships from brands. To become a YouTube partner, fitness influencers need to have a substantial following and meet certain requirements, such as a minimum number of views and subscribers and once approved, they can access more monetization options like channel memberships and Super Chat.
This one is one of the hardets but it is also one of the most rewarding ways to make money because you will be able to monetize your brand by speaking at events, conferences, and seminars. Many fitness influencers use these ways to share their personal story, offer insights and provide advice on fitness, wellness and healthy living and for most people this can be a valuable source of income for fitness influencers, as they can charge a fee for their services and travel expenses. It’s important to note that public speaking can also help to expand their reach and exposure, opening up new opportunities and collaborations. However, it’s important for fitness influencers to develop their public speaking skills and practice before doing it professionally.
How Much Money Can You Make As a Fitness Influencer
So how much money can you make as a fitness influencer? The amount of money that a fitness influencer can make can vary greatly depending on their following, engagement, and the type of content they create and cccording to a report by Influencer Marketing Hub, the average cost per sponsored post on Instagram ranges from $10 to $1,000 per 1,000 followers, with micro-influencers (those with under 100,000 followers) earning an average of $83 per post.
If a fitness influencer with 100,000 followers were to post a sponsored content on Instagram they could earn anywhere from $830 to $100,000 per post
Some real-life examples of high-profile fitness influencers and the amount of money they make are:
- Kayla Itsines, an Australian personal trainer, and creator of the Bikini Body Guide, is estimated to have a net worth of $46 million.
- Jen Selter, an American fitness model and personal trainer, is estimated to have a net worth of $6 million.
- Joe Wicks, a British personal trainer, and creator of the Body Coach, is estimated to have a net worth of $13 million.
Keep in mind that these numbers represent the top tier of fitness influencers and it’s not easy to reach that level of success, but it is possible with a lot of hard work, dedication and consistency.
How Much Do Instagram Fitness Influencers Make
According to the report earlier that means that the amount of money an Instagram fitness influencer can make can vary greatly depending on their following.
Here is a breakdown of estimated earnings based on follower count and more real life examples:
- Micro-influencers (between 1,000 and 10,000 followers) make an average of $14 – $140 per sponsored post.
- Mid-tier influencers (between 10,000 and 100,000 followers) make an average of $83 – $830 per sponsored post.
- Macro-influencers (between 100,000 and 1 million followers) make an average of $5,000 – $50,000 per sponsored post.
- Mega-influencers (more than 1 million followers) make an average of $75,000+
Influencers can earn money from affiliate marketing, brand collaborations, online coaching and personal training, virtual events, and e-books, recipes, meal plans and workout plans, merchandise sales and YouTube monetization.
How Much Do TikTok Fitness Influencers Make
The earning potential for TikTok fitness influencers can vary based on their following and engagement. and because TikTok has a thing called TikTok Creator Fund where influencers can earn between 2 and 4 cents for every 1,000 views on their videos. This means that if a fitness influencer were to reach 1 million views on a video, they could expect to earn between $20 and $40.
Worth remembering is that this is just money from TikTok, if it is a sponsored post you get payed for that aswell.
Here is an example of how much a TikTok fitness influencer could potentially earn based on views:
- 100,000 views: $2 – $4 (based on 2 – 4 cents per 1,000 views)
- 1,000,000 views: $20 – $40 (based on 2 – 4 cents per 1,000 views)
- 10,000,000 views: $200 – $400 (based on 2 – 4 cents per 1,000 views)
It’s important to note that these earnings are based on views and not followers, and the earning potential can vary greatly depending on the niche, engagement rate, brand collaborations, and other monetization opportunities.
What is TikTok Creator Fund?
TikTok Creator Fund is a program that was launched by TikTok that allows creators to earn money for their content and the program is open to all creators on the platform, regardless of their following or engagement. TikTok uses a revenue-sharing model to pay creators, which means that creators earn a percentage of the ad revenue generated by their content.
Different Fitness Influencers Niches
There are many different niches within the fitness influencer industry, each with their own unique focus and target audience. Some of the most popular niches include:
- Bodybuilding and weightlifting: These influencers typically focus on building muscle mass and strength through weightlifting and other forms of resistance training. They often share workout routines, nutrition plans, and progress updates to help their followers achieve similar results.
- Yoga and mindfulness: Yoga and mindfulness influencers focus on physical and mental well-being through yoga, meditation, and other mindfulness practices. They often share tips on how to improve flexibility, balance, and focus while promoting a healthy and balanced lifestyle.
- CrossFit and HIIT: These influencers typically focus on high-intensity interval training (HIIT) and CrossFit-style workouts. They often share intense and challenging workout routines, as well as tips on how to improve overall fitness and athleticism.
- Running and endurance: Running and endurance influencers focus on training for marathons and other endurance events, as well as sharing tips on how to improve running technique and performance.
- Nutrition and diet: Nutrition and diet influencers focus on teaching healthy eating habits, weight loss, and meal planning. They often share recipes, meal plans, and tips on how to make healthy choices in daily life.
- Mental health and wellness: These influencers focus on self-care, mental health, and well-being, providing different fitness niches.
- Prenatal and postnatal fitness: These influencers focus on providing safe and effective fitness advice and workouts for pregnant and postpartum women.
- Outdoor and adventure fitness: These influencers often focus on activities such as hiking, rock climbing, and other outdoor activities that promote physical fitness and a connection to nature.
- Dance and cardio fitness: These influencers often focus on dance-based cardio workouts, such as Zumba and cardio-dance, as well as sharing tips on how to improve cardiovascular health.
- Functional fitness: These influencers focus on training that improves overall fitness and functionality, such as exercises that mimic everyday movements and activities.
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy: These influencers focus on helping people recover from injuries or surgeries and providing tips and exercises for those with chronic conditions or disabilities.
- Senior fitness: These influencers focus on providing fitness advice and exercises for older adults, taking into account their specific needs and abilities.
Easiest Niches To Become a Fitness Influencer in Today
There actually are some niches that have seen an increase in popularity and may have more opportunities for new fitness influencers to break into that I want to share with you.
Home Workouts and Home Fitness
Due to the ongoing pandemics, and lockdown, and awareness many people have been looking for ways to stay active and healthy at home and this has led to an increase in demand for online workout classes, home workout equipment, and home workout apps. Fitness influencers in this niche can share their expertise on how to stay active and healthy at home, as well as create content that showcases different types of home workouts.
Mental Health and Wellness
Another niche that has seen an increase in popularity is mental health and wellness as many people are looking for ways to improve their mental well-being and overall health, and fitness influencers in this niche can offer tips and advice on how to improve mental health through exercise, mindfulness, and self-care.
Yoga, Pilates and Bodyweight
Yoga has been gaining popularity in recent years as a form of exercise that improves both physical and mental well-being for people as yoga influencers can share their expertise on different yoga poses and sequences, as well as tips on how to improve flexibility, balance, and focus. They also can offer guidance on how to incorporate yoga into daily life, and how to create a home yoga practice.
Similarly to Yoga, pilates is another niche that has seen an increase in popularity in recent years and it is probably because pilates focuses on building core strength, flexibility, and balance, as well as tips on how to improve posture, alignment and overall fitness.
Bodyweight training is another niche that is popular and has a steady following and is one of the most trendy on Tiktok right now and with bodyweight training is a type of resistance training that uses the individual’s body weight as the resistance.
Is It Hard To Become a Fitness Influencer
Becoming a fitness influencer can be a challenging and competitive process, as there are already many established fitness influencers on social media platforms. However, it is not impossible to become a successful fitness influencer. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Building a following takes time and effort, you will have to be consistent with your content, be engaging, and be authentic. Building a following takes time and effort, and it’s important to be patient as you grow your audience.
- With so many fitness influencers already on social media, it can be hard to stand out. To differentiate yourself, you’ll need to have a unique perspective, a specific niche, or a particular approach to fitness that sets you apart from others.
- To be a credible influencer, you will need to have a strong understanding of fitness, nutrition, and wellness. You will need to be able to provide accurate and helpful information to your followers, and be able to answer their questions.
- The most successful influencers are those who are authentic and relatable. Being true to yourself and your message will help you to connect with your followers and build trust.
- Consistency is key when it comes to building a following and growing as an influencer. You will need to be consistent with your content, your message, and your engagement with your followers.
It’s worth noting that becoming a successful fitness influencer takes time and effort, but it is possible with hard work, dedication, and consistency.
Pros and Cons Being a Fitness Influencer
After reading everything I bet there is only sunshine and no rain being a fitness influencer right? Well we need to cover the pros and cons before you decide if this is something for you because there is a few things that can be quite exhausting as a influence like posting content everyday etc.
- Flexibility: As a fitness influencer, you have the freedom to create your own schedule, and work from anywhere.
- Passion: If you are passionate about fitness and wellness, being a fitness influencer allows you to share your knowledge and help others achieve their health and fitness goals.
- Earnings: Fitness influencers can earn money through sponsored posts, brand collaborations, online coaching, personal training, virtual events, and other monetization methods.
- Recognition: Being a fitness influencer can give you a platform to gain recognition and build a personal brand.
- Helping others: Fitness influencers can help others achieve their health and fitness goals and make a positive impact on people’s lives.
- Pressure to look a certain way: Fitness influencers are often expected to have a certain physical appearance, which can put pressure on them to maintain a certain body shape or size.
- Time-consuming: Building and maintaining a following takes a lot of time and effort, and it can be difficult to balance creating content with other aspects of life.
- Constant comparison: Being a fitness influencer can put you in a position where you are constantly compared to others, and it can be difficult to avoid comparing yourself to others.
- Negative comments and criticism: As a public figure, fitness influencers are also exposed to negative comments and criticism, and it can be difficult to handle.
- Constant need to create content: As a fitness influencer, there is a constant need to create new and engaging content, which can be challenging and time-consuming. This can make it difficult to take a break or time off, and can lead to burnout.
- Pressure to be perfect: Fitness influencers are often seen as role models, and there is a pressure to present a perfect image and lifestyle, which can be difficult to maintain.
- Monetization: Monetizing your content as a fitness influencer can be challenging, as it requires building a following, engaging your audience, and finding the right monetization opportunities.
- Lack of privacy: Being a fitness influencer means putting your personal life on display, and it can be difficult to maintain a sense of privacy.
Now when you know how to make money as a fitness influencer, you know how much money can you make as a fitness influencer and you know how much money you can make from Tiktok and Instagram I hope you have a clear view of what it will take to be a successfull influencer.
To be successful as a fitness influencer, it is important to have a strong understanding of fitness, nutrition, and wellness, as well as a unique perspective, niche, or approach that sets you apart from others and it also takes time, effort, and consistency to build a following and monetize your platform. So by diversifying your income streams can help to make your business more sustainable in the long run.